Saturday, October 9, 2010

Getting Your Kids to Fast During Ramadhan Month

From left: Ameer, Akmal, Alya, Asyraaf



Ramadhan 2010 was really a great experience for my kids.

Akmal, the 8-year-old king, successfully completed his 1-month fasting journey.

Alya, the 6-year-old pretty princess, was able to fast for 25 days !! She is sooooo strong for her age. When I was her age I hardly completed 1 whole day of fasting.

Asyraaf, the 5-year-old handsome knight, was fasting for 2 days!! It was quite a challenged to persuade him to fast. He couldn't keep himself from eating his favorite "kuih panas" aka akok!

He kept on saying, "How can I avoid the food! I can't stop thinking about that food!".

Asyraaf's idea to avoid his food is to lock his brain. Do you know how he is gonna lock his brain??
Asraaf said, "I lock my braind by not thinking about the food. When I don't think about food, then I will stop thinking about them. That's how i lock my brain".

Ameer, my little 3-year-old prince, still not fasting yet..too small to understand all this..

How do i encourage them to fast? I use the reward system, of course!

By: Mummy

No comments:

Post a Comment