Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Asyraaf, Afaf and another nick name for him...

Ameer has been calling Asyraaf by the name of Afaf since he started to talk. It's not that he cannot pronounce the word Asyraaf. He can. But somehow he just like to call his bigger brother, Afaf instead of Asyraaf. As a parent, I just let it go. No harm when Ameer is using Afaf. It still have some meaning. Sooner or later, I am hoping Ameer to change.

Yesterday before bedtime, I asked Asyraaf, "At home Ameer is calling you Afaf. How about at Smart Reader? What does he call you?"
"Sometimes he calls me Asyraaf, but sometimes he calls me with a different name."Asyraaf said.
"Huh? What is the different name he is using?" I continue to interrogate Asyraaf on this.
"He calls me 'Ane', it means big brother in Tamil!" Asyraaf said.
Upon hearing this, Alya, Asyraaf and I laughed and laughed and laughed.
"Are you telling the truth or are you making a joke here?"I asked Asyraaf to reconfirm this.
"Hey, I'm telling the truth!".
Well, that's what he claimed.
"Where did Ameer learn about the word 'Ane'? You teach him, is it?" I asked.
"No...he heard me talking to my friend, Kabilan at school."

Kids are so smart. They are such a fast learner!

No comments:

Post a Comment