Tuesday, February 14, 2012

10 sen satu, 10 sen satu...

Hey, my kids are selling things at school!

Akmal and Alya have always wanted to sell things at school. They are inspired by looking at their Atuk and Nenek who always sell at Pasar Ramadhan, doing caterings etc. They are also inspired with their Daddy who always tell stories about Daddy selling nasi lemak, kacang pedas at school. They always seeked ideas from me on what to sell...but then, the idea was just an idea..and they never actually sell anything.

Now, with their younger brother (Asyraaf) in the school, he never ask me anything... after one month of schooling, then I heard from Akmal and Alya that Asyraaf is actually selling things at school!

He took a small notebook with Ben 10 picture which I bought for him, tear the paper and simply sell the small piece of paper for 10 sen! Such a creative, smart and daring boy! First day selling papers, he already get RM1.00. Asraaf spent some of the money at the canteen and bookstore.

While waiting for the school bus, he even explored the mineral water vending machine at a shop by the roadside. Akmal has been schooling at the school for 3 years, and Alya for 1 year, and both of them had never tried the vending machine. Asyraaf, with just 1 month, he is so active and creative and dare to explore all that. I cannot imagine what other things that he will explore in the future....

Inspired by Asyraaf, Alya also sold her paper the next day and get RM1.00...Now, I need to teach them how to save money from the "small business" that they are doing.

Okay kids, who wants to change money with Mummy? I have RM5, RM10, RM50..... It works for me... Kids enjoy saving money when they can count and exchange different notes. Try it with your kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment